- No display space will be provided for your swap items! Gallery 1028 is a completely raw space. Please plan to bring a card table, a folding table or whatever you have available to display your items. Because not every swapper has a table, we need people who are willing to share their display space as well. If you can bring a table, let us know on our Facebook page.
- The doors will open at 2:30 for you to set up and the swap officially begins at 3 pm. Please do not arrive before 2:30 pm. You will not be able to get in the building.
- Ample street parking is available in front of Gallery 1028.
- Consider filling out swap cards in advance. You need a swap card for each different item you bring - not multiples of the same item. Check out the Food Swap Network for sample swap cards.
- For convenience's sake, we will number the swap tables. This should allow everyone to find the good that they bid on easier.
The Chicago Food Swap is now on Pinterest! Follow us for ideas on items to swap and creative packaging. If you would like to contribute to any of our boards, drop Emily an email at chicagofoodswap at gmail dot com. And be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
In other news, we have a date and location for the September food swap. A soon-to-be-opened spice store in Lincoln Square will be our host on September 15. Mark your calendar now! We are still hoping to schedule an August swap as well, so let us know if you if you have a possible location.
Did you see this list of the top artisan food producers in Chicago? It includes the host of our February swap, Katherine-Anne Confections. Congratulations to Katherine!
Do you know about The Plant? It's a vertical farm and food business incubator housed inside a former meatpacking plant on the South Side. What they are doing for sustainability and the good food movement in our city is amazing. They are having their first fundraiser on June 27 at 6 pm. $75 gets you dinner from Pleasant House Bakery, a tour and a chance to support this tremendous organization: http://createsend.com/t/r-AD7ADF6FDB73CD552540EF23F30FEDED