- Make It Better, the North Shore community magazine, published this article about the October 2013 swap on October 30.
- The Chicago Edition of PureWow featured the Chicago Food Swap under its "Food and Drink" category on October 4, 2013.
- Chicagoist featured the Chicago Food Swap in this October 3, 2013 article, entitled "Make a Trade at the Chicago Food Swap," which includes an interview with founder Emily Paster.
- DNAinfo Chicago wrote an article about the September 2013 swap at Peterson Garden Project. Gaper's Block also recapped the September 2013 on their site.
- The Tasting Table listed the June 2013 swap at Gallery 1028 as in its "Recommended Events" for June 22-23:
Homemade and homegrown is the name of the game at the Chicago Food Swap. This session at Gallery 1028 will provide plenty of space for home cooks, bakers, canners and gardeners to set up shop. Trade or swap your finest jams, pickles, spice mixes, vegetables and the like. Gallery 1028, 1028 N. Hooker St.; chicagofoodswap.com
- Co-founder Emily Paster wrote this piece about the Chicago Food Swap for popular locavore site The Local Beet: http://www.thelocalbeet.com/2013/03/25/it-doesnt-get-more-local-than-the-chicago-food-swap/
- Chicago Foodies featured the Chicago Food Swap, including an interview with co-founder Emily Paster here: http://www.chicagofoodies.com/2013/03/chicago-food-swap.html
- On March 12, 2013, My Daily Find Chicago featured the Chicago Food Swap calling it "the ultimate way to eat local." Read the rest of the article here.
- Check out the mention of the February 2013 swap at Katherine Anne Confections on The Tasting Table:
Do you prefer food to football? Then join the Chicago Food Swap for its February meeting--on Super Bowl Sunday--to exchange homemade or homegrown treats. Participants will barter their baked goods and trade salsa for spice mix at Logan Square’s Katherine Anne Confections. Katherine Anne Confections, 2745 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-245-1630 or chicagofoodswap.com
- October 2012's edition of Chicago Parent is all about the inspiration generated by our food swap:
Chicago Parent - Foodie finds: Get inspired at the Chicago Food Swap